1. Entertainment
Daniel Kurtzman

Bush: 'Goodbye from the World's Biggest Polluter'

By July 11, 2008

Bush Bids Goodbye President Bush has made so many inane statements over the years, it should no longer come as a surprise when he commits a jaw-dropping gaffe on the international stage.

But in his parting words to British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and French President Nicolas Sarkozy at his final G-8 Summit, Bush managed to outdo himiself. "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter," he said, punching the air and grinning widely as the two leaders looked on in shock.

Bush also had another embarrassing episode in which he addressed the Italian prime minster in Spanish. "Amigo! Amigo!" he called out to Silvio Berlusconi, whom the White House had previously insulted in a press packet which described him as one of the "most controversial leaders in the history of a country known for government corruption and vice."

But on the bright side, at least Bush didn't curse to anyone with his mouth full of food or grope any foreign dignitaries, as he did at previous G-8 summits.

Poll: What phrase best describes your opinion of President Bush?

1) Strong leader
2) Miserable failure
3) Honest straight-talker
4) Arrogant liar
5) Christian patriot
6) Clueless moron
7) Disastrous decider

Related:
Recent Bushisms
Best Bush Jokes & Cartoons
Bush Sings Farewell Song
Bush Gropes German Chancellor at G-8 Summit

Comments

July 14, 2008 at 3:48 pm
(1) Dan says:

What’s not surprising is the left wing is so entrenched in its vision of Bush, that they willingly lap up that rumor as if it’s true.

I have seen no confirmation of this story. I find it absolutely incredulous, while the left instantly believes it. I would be very surprised indeed if it turned out to be true.

July 19, 2008 at 6:41 pm
(2) TC58 says:

Dan, you can go to YouTube and literally spend hours discovering why almost everyone, not just the “Left”, do not find this quote incredulous at all. In this case there are witnesses, but no recording, but Bush is often not that lucky.

July 20, 2008 at 11:25 am
(3) jolou1 says:

I, for one (which is how I prefer it, anyway) hope it’s true, and am loving it! I only wish GW had displayed as much chutzpah, all along.
But, as they say — ‘better late than never!’
In a world where nearly every other country would rather we be living on tofu, riding a mule to our picker job at the soy field, and recycling our own urine, in lieu of fresh drinking water…..
I say, “Give ‘em hell, George!” ;)

July 23, 2008 at 9:53 pm
(4) dan says:

its idiots like you who put this man in the most important position in the world

November 28, 2008 at 7:40 am
(5) Irish Man says:

GW has got to be the thickest man on the face of the earth….How stupid must you be to come out with a statement like that at a G-8 summit….he is nothing but the usual stupid red-neck cowboy from America. He is as thick as a plank!!!!!

January 1, 2009 at 5:41 pm
(6) wingus says:

jolou1 says:

….cretin

January 10, 2009 at 11:23 pm
(7) Mario says:

Quotes can’t be “incredulous”, only people can. If you don’t know the meaning of words, how the hell are we supposed to know what you’re thinking?

March 12, 2009 at 1:45 pm
(8) Harry says:

Mario says:

Never stopped Dubya…

April 7, 2009 at 11:34 am
(9) Absolutely No one says:

Dubya on an intellectual day:
“So what if the guy threw a shoe at me?” with a grin and a shrug
Just after a reporter threw his shoes at george bush.

At least he survived the operation to replace his head with a rectum!

April 7, 2009 at 11:41 am
(10) dan says:

None of you realize what George Walker Bush has done for this country.

He has kept us from economic disaster for years!

April 7, 2009 at 11:45 am
(11) Absolutely no one says:

then gave up and left obama to do the dirty work!

December 31, 2009 at 1:05 am
(12) chukachuka says:

George Bush, Dick,Rumsfield, Paul Wolfworwitz, the Extreme right wing thugs in the middle east, the christian right (ex-kkk) failed in their experiment to malign all the Muslims as terrorists!! From planning 9/11 attack on Americans, killing their own citizens!! to Iraq! to Afghanistan! ecomonic ruin -this stupid bunch of KKKs have caused more destruction than any other war! their big agenda of keeping America at war with the world failed! and the World is regaining respect for America. The Arab world is not so dvided. George + co. rot in hell!

November 11, 2011 at 1:01 am
(13) Fudge says:

The disaster of 2008 was the doing of barney frank and the democrats in congress. And all these infamous gaffes of bush are just part of his personality, I wouldn’t be suprised if he meant to do them just for humour.

August 8, 2012 at 1:54 pm
(14) Donnie Dinkles says:

then gave up and left obama to do the dirty work!

And boy has Obama done plenty of dirty work.

August 8, 2013 at 12:03 pm
(15) microdermabrasion cost says:

Hi I am so glad I found your blog, I really found you by error, while I
was looking on Bing for something else, Anyways I
am here now and would just like to say thank you for a
remarkable post and a all round interesting blog (I also love
the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome work.

my blog … microdermabrasion cost

April 4, 2014 at 12:49 am
(16) what store can i buy pure garcinia cambogia says:

Whoa many of beneficial facts!