The 5 Most Laughable Rick Perry Quotes
1. "I will tell you: It's three agencies of government, when I get there, that are gone: Commerce, Education and the — what's the third one there? Let's see. ... OK. So Commerce, Education and the — ... The third agency of government I would — I would do away with the Education, the ... Commerce and — let's see -- I can't. The third one, I can't. Sorry. Oops." —Rick Perry, forgetting his plan to cut the Department of Energy in an epic brain freeze during a Republican presidential debate
2. "Those of you that will be 21 by November the 12th, I ask for your support and your vote." —Rick Perry, flubbing the voting age (which has been 18 since 1971), as well as date of the Nov. 6 election
3. "The reason that we fought the [American] Revolution in the 16th century — was to get away from that kind of onerous crown, if you will." —Rick Perry, getting the date of the American Revolution wrong by two centuries
4. "No greater example of it than this administration sending millions of dollars into the solar industry, and we lost that money. I want to say it was over $500 million that went to the country Solyndra." —Rick Perry
5. "You can always follow me on Tweeter." —Rick Perry, mistakenly referring to the social networking site Twitter in a videotaped message to a crowd of conservative bloggers and social networkers
Read more idiotic Rick Perry quotes...
In addition to his laughable words, we will also cherish the memory of this bizarre New Hampshire campaign speech, which some speculated he must have given while drunk or on drugs; this widely ridiculed ad accusing gay soldiers of ruining Christmas, which inspired a series of amusing parodies; and this photo.
So long, Rick, and thanks for all that you did to stimulate the political comedy industry. See you in 2016.
• Best Late-Night Jokes Mocking Rick Perry
• The 11 Funniest Rick Perry Parodies
• Dumbest Quotes by the GOP Candidates Mario Piperni)