In Defense of Marriage
• Ronald Reagan - divorced the mother of two of his children to marry Nancy Reagan, who bore him a daughter only 7 months after the marriage.
• Bob Dole - divorced the mother of his child, who had nursed him through the long recovery from his war wounds.
• Newt Gingrich - divorced his wife who was dying of cancer.
• Dick Armey - House Majority Leader - divorced
• Sen. Phil Gramm of Texas - divorced
• Gov. John Engler of Michigan - divorced
• Gov. Pete Wilson of California - divorced
• George Will - divorced
• Sen. Lauch Faircloth - divorced
• Rush Limbaugh - Rush and his current wife Marta have six marriages and four divorces between them.
• Rep. Bob Barr of Georgia - Barr, not yet 50 years old, has been married three times. Barr had the audacity to author and push the "Defense of Marriage Act." The current joke making the rounds on Capitol Hill is "Bob Barr...WHICH marriage are you defending?!?
• Sen. Alfonse D'Amato of New York - divorced
• Sen. John Warner of Virginia - divorced (once married to Liz Taylor.)
• Gov. George Allen of Virginia - divorced
• Henry Kissinger - divorced
• Rep. Helen Chenoweth of Idaho - divorced
• Sen. John McCain of Arizonia - divorced
• Rep. John Kasich of Ohio - divorced
• Rep. Susan Molinari of New York - Republican National Convention Keynote Speaker - divorced
So ... homosexuals are going to destroy the institution of marriage? Wait a minute, it seems the Christian Republicans are doing a fine job without anyone's help!