1. Entertainment
Daniel Kurtzman

Sarah Palin Reads Crib Notes Off Her Hand

By February 8, 2010

Sarah Palin Hand Crib Notes

Just moments after giving a speech in which she mocked President Obama for using a Teleprompter, Sarah Palin was seen answering questions with the help of her Handprompter.

As TMZ put it, "Palin was back in 10th grade biology class," reading crib notes off her hand to help her answer pre-screened questions at the Tea Party Convention in Tennesse.

Palin Reading Crib Notes on Hand The words "energy," "budget" (which was crossed out in favor of "tax cuts") and "lift American spirit" were clearly visible on her hand.

See the close-up photo of Palin's cheat notes, plus watch the video of Palin consulting her hand as she answered softball questions from the Tea Partiers.

Palin Reading Crib Notes on Hand Needless to say, Palin is getting mocked from all corners over "Palm-gate."

View a series of amusing Photoshop parodies featuring other notes scrawled on Sarah Palin's hand.

Here's a roundup of more Handprompter hilarity from around the Internets:

Notes on your hand,
Notes on your hand,
Lookin' like a fool
With your notes on your hand. -MadKane

"Palin Dodges Question About 2012: 'I Need to Check With My Hand First'" -Andy Borowitz, on Twitter

"I figured I would do the same thing today, just in case the prompter broke." -NBC's Andrea Mitchell, showing notes on her own hand during "Morning Joe"

"On a positive note, this demonstrates that she can read." -seltaeb4, on Digg

"I guess the next time meanie liberal elites like Katie Couric ask Palin what she reads, she can say, 'My hand.'" -freedomjoe, on Digg

"Hey that's how she got through college. All eight of 'em it took for her to graduate." -IrishJoe, on Digg

"She can compre-hand." -clvngodess, on Digg

"I'd like to thank Sarah Palin for bringing a visual definition to 'talk to the hand.'" -@bleahy4, on Twitter

"Sarah Palin should sell ad space on her hand. She could make a fortune." -@KristeeKelley, on Twitter

"Fox News Gives Palin's Hand Job" -Borowitz Report headline

"Redneck Teleprompter" -Urban Dictionary's Word of the Day, inspired by Sarah Palin

Palin Hi Mom Hand Note Update: Sarah Palin struck back at her critics by writing 'Hi Mom' on her hand during a campaign appearance with Gov. Rick Perry in Texas.

Update 2: See more jokes about Palin's hand notes from White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and others.

Related:
Funny Sarah Palin Pictures
Sarah Palin Jokes
Palin's 10 Dumbest Quotes

Get Political Humor on Facebook and Twitter

Comments

February 8, 2010 at 5:28 am
(1) Tom Degan says:

It’s too funny. In the late summer of 2008 when candidate John McCain announced his curious choice of a running mate, I immediately ran to the computer to do a google-search of the name, “Sarah Palin”. I knew next-to-nothing about the woman other than the fact that she was the governor of Alaska. The first thing in her paper-thin biography that stood out for me was the date of her birth: February 11, 1964. I remember that day – distinctly! That was the day my beloved grandma, Loretta Doran Clements, died in South Bend, Indiana at the age of sixty-eight.

But other than that interesting coincidence there was not a heck of a lot in her biography that really stood out. Truth be told, I was more than a little puzzled as to why the GOP would think her an asset to the ticket. The moment she opened her mouth at her first campaign stop in Dayton, Ohio, I could only think of one thing:

Sally Field as “Gidget”.

When someone like Sarah Palin can make it as far as she has, it can mean only one thing and it’s not a particularly good sign: we are living in a culture that has been custom-tailored for idiots. When a person who can barely put two coherent sentences together without the aid of a teleprompter becomes one of the best-selling non-fiction authors of the decade, that’s usually a pretty good indicator that society is spiraling downward at a fairly decent clip. Fasten your seat belts, kiddies!

I had always believed that Monty Python alumni Michael Palin was the funniest person in the world to bear that name. In fact it should be stated for the record that the two Palins are equally funny. The only difference is that Michael works very hard at it. Sarah’s funniness, on the other hand, is purely accidental. The woman is a scream; the Buster Keaton of unintentional comedy

Tom Degan
Goshen, NY

February 8, 2010 at 10:00 am
(2) Brian B says:

I find it curious that people put so much political stock in someone whose political career spans 4 years on a city council, 6 years as a mayor or Wasila, (population between 5.000 and 10.000 while she was mayor) and 1/2 term as governor of Alaska. I would be apprehensive to put her in any office because if she decides no to run for reelection you don’t know when she will just quit to move on to her next project.

February 8, 2010 at 1:21 pm
(3) Giny says:

Remember, no one took Hitler’s Mein Kampf very seriously either and it did not become necessary reading until most of the damage was done!!! Everyone old enough to vote should know how much that cost us all. Beware! Our country has been intentionally dumbed down for over ten years and our electorate would rather watch the superbowl than do its pre-electoral reading! I hear people I believe to be at least educated if not intelligent tell me what an asset she would be in the White House. I find it difficult to take them seriously but it scares me greatly to realize they are serious!

February 8, 2010 at 1:41 pm
(4) rkcomments says:

I could not agree more that our country has dumbed down. And that is also reflected in how America is slowly losing its economic edge to other countries around the globe.

February 8, 2010 at 3:37 pm
(5) Susan says:

She is an idiot what did anyone expect from her? She proved what an idiot she was when she was running for Vice President with that loser John Mc Creepy. A year is not going to make an idiot turn into a genious. If she does run for President (HEAVEN FORBID) that she would win, things are bad enough without her input. The Media should quit giving her attention and then (if all goes well) she will just go away!!!!!

February 9, 2010 at 1:51 am
(6) Mad Kane says:

Great collection of humor. Thanks for including me!

February 10, 2010 at 9:55 am
(7) Steve says:

I found it funny that she has a subtitle of Gaylord underneath her. Something else she wants to tell the nation about perhaps…

February 10, 2010 at 4:12 pm
(8) Zayla says:

How in the name of sanity, can a politician stand up at a National Convention, be disrespectful, make fun and jokes about our President, which she has every right to do, but to say one about him using a TelePrompter, which almost all of them do, and she was reading from a script, then……

Have things like “tax cuts”, which she had to correct, energy, and “lift American Spirits”, not only written on her hand, but actually have to refer to it!!!!

HOW, can this person have any respectability left? HOW can anyone think this moron has any character at all?

The whole Rush/Retard thing should have been enough to send that moron home for good, but she just aced that one.

She just managed to make the Katie Couric interview look like she was giving the Gettysburg Address.

You can’t make up how stupid this person is.

Finally, since it’s OK to use a word like “retard”, David Letterman should devote an entire week to insulting every member of her family in any way he wants, but only because it’s “satire”, like the last time he did!!!!

February 11, 2010 at 9:20 am
(9) Jim says:

Her outline was:
Energy
Book
Tea (Party)
Lifting American Souls

She just needed to keep her outline straight, then she spoke from the heart: Go Sarah!

February 12, 2010 at 9:59 am
(10) Bobby Ricky says:

Palin continues to cement her legacy as the Chauncey Gardner of American politics. I almost feel sorry for her.

Almost.

February 13, 2010 at 5:57 pm
(11) Susan says:

Geezer; You are an idiot as much as Sarah Palin is. Who are you anyway her husband? Your coment is beyond stupid and a waste of space.

July 21, 2010 at 2:26 pm
(12) J says:

What surprises me about almost everyone in these comments: no one knew who Barry Obama was, either. Yet, Palin gets all these comments that are easily applicable to our current president.

Still, Obama does nothing but raise our deficit in less than 2 years higher than the entire cost of the Iraq war and not a peep from the left.

I also love how the handling of Katrina was Bush’s fault but the handling of this oil spill is not Obama’s.

I also think it is funny when I get into a debate with someone on the left they can’t answer the simplest of questions like:

What is the Electoral College?
How many Senators does each state have?

and when I tell them our country is not a Democracy they nearly go into cardiac arrest.

So misinformed.