10) "I think with a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court, you can't play, you know, hide the salami, or whatever it's called." --urging President Bush to make public Supreme Court nominee Harriet Miers's White House records
9) "You know, the Republicans are not very friendly to different kinds of people. They're a pretty monolithic party. Pretty much, they all behave the same, and they all look the same. ... It's pretty much a white Christian party.'' --speaking about the lack of outreach to minority communities by political parties
8) "I still want to be the candidate for guys with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks."
7) "I'm a metrosexual." employing the buzz phrase for straight men who are in
touch with their feminine sides, then later admitting he didn't know what the term means
6) "We've gotten rid of (Saddam Hussein), and I suppose that's a good thing."
5) "The idea that the United States is going to win the war in Iraq is just plain wrong."
4) "This president is not interested in being a good president. He's interested in some complicated psychological situation that he has with his father."
3) "Now that we're on dog pee, we can have an interesting conversation about that. I do not recommend drinking urine
but if you drink water straight from the river, you have a greater chance of getting an infection than you do if you drink urine." teaching an eight-grade science class in La Crosse, Wisconsin
2) "You think people can work all day and then pick up their kids at child care or wherever and get home and still manage to sandwich in an eight-hour vote? Well Republicans, I guess can do that. Because a lot of them have never made an honest living in their lives."
1) "Not only are we going to New Hampshire ... we're going to South Carolina and Oklahoma and Arizona and North Dakota and New Mexico, and we're going to California and Texas and New York! And we're going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan. And then we're going to Washington, D.C. to take back the White House, Yeeeeeaaaaaargh!" --Iowa concession speech (Click here for audio and remixes of the Dean scream)