9. "Hunger can be a positive motivator." —State Rep. Cynthia Davis (R-Missouri), arguing in a press release against a program that feeds poor children, suggesting they should get jobs instead, June 2009 (Source)
8. "Exercise freaks ... are the ones putting stress on the health care system." —Rush Limbaugh, June 12, 2009 (Source)
7. "O-L-I-G-A-R-H-Y." —Glenn Beck, misspelling "oligarchy" on his chalk board while claiming he had deciphered a secret code that he said was proof Obama was trying to create an "Oligarhy," Aug. 27, 2009, FOX News Channel's "Glenn Beck Show" (Source)
6. "It may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: 'Sit down and shut up,' but that's the worthless, easy path; that's a quitter's way out." —Sarah Palin, quitting her job as governor, July 3, 2009 (Source)
5. "The Cambridge police acted stupidly." —Obama, commenting on a white police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference, July 22, 2009 (Source)
4. "This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture....I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist." —Glenn Beck, on Obama, sparking an advertiser exodus from his FOX News show, July 28, 2009 (Source)
3. "The governor is hiking the Appalachian Trail." —a spokesman for South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, explaining Sanford's disappearance and coining the euphemism of the year, June 22, 2009 (Sanford later admitted to carrying on extramarital affair with his Argentine mistress) (Source)
2. "You lie!" —Rep. Joe Wilson, shouting out a retort to Obama's address before a joint session of Congress on Sept. 9, 2009 (Source)
1. "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel.'" —Sarah Palin, in a message posted on Facebook about Obama's health care reform plan, Aug. 7, 2009 (Source)
During some playful banter between legendary New York broadcaster Ernie Anastos and weatherman Nick Gregory on FOX 8, the following exchange occurred:
Anastos: "It takes a tough man to make a tender forecast."
Gregory, looking confused: "I guess that's me."
Anastos: "Keep f***ing that chicken."
Co-anchor Dari Alexander: [eyes bug out of head] (Watch video)
~Compiled by Daniel Kurtzman
Email to a Friend
Follow Political Humor on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook
More Dumb Political Quotes:
Top 10 Dumbest Sarah Palin Quotes
Top 10 Craziest Glenn Beck Quotes
Dumb Barack Obama Quotes
Dumb Joe Biden Quotes
The 25 Dumbest Quotes of 2008